Photography – Are you looking for a way to make money online? Are you a teenager who wants to earn extra cash? If so, then you might want to start thinking about becoming a stock photographer.
This may seem like an odd idea at first glance, but it’s actually not that hard and can be quite lucrative if done right.
In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about getting started in the world of photography (and making money online) as a teenager: what are some ways that teens can get started with stock photography; how does one get paid for selling photos online; how much money do photographers typically make from their work.
Ok, let’s go to the main point!
How To Start A Successful Photography Business As A Teenager & Make Money Online
1. Want to make money online and earn passive income?
If you are a teenage photographer, you can start a successful photography business online and use it as a way to make money. You don’t have to be an experienced professional photographer either; all you need is a passion for photography, and the willingness to learn how to take better photos.
Photographers have been making money selling photographs on the Internet since the dawn of time (or at least since eBay). By taking good photographs of things that people want, then selling those photos on websites like eBay or Etsy will allow you not only make some extra cash, but also build up your portfolio!
2. You can make extra money online through stock photography
You’ve probably heard of stock photography. It’s a great way to make money online, and there are many options for making money as a teen behind the camera. You can sell your photos through stock photo sites, or you can sell them directly to clients. Either way, you’ll earn an income from your images.
Here are some websites that offer high payouts:
- Shutterstock: An excellent source for professional photographers looking to sell their work online (and get paid well). Shutterstock has over 60 million images in its library — so there’s definitely something here for everyone! They also allow buyers to search within categories like “food,” “animals,” outdoor life,” etc., which makes it easy for users without much experience in photography fields such as food styling or wildlife preservation.
- iStockphoto: Another great option if you’re just starting out; iStockphoto offers both subscription plans ($50/month) and one-time payments ($99) so that anyone can get started selling their photos without breaking their budget (while still making enough money).
3. It doesn’t require any special skills to take great pictures
There are many easy ways to start taking photos and making money without having any special skills. All you need is a camera, some creativity, and a willingness to learn.
Start by thinking about the kinds of things you like to do, or what interests you most. For example:
- If you’re an artist or musician and enjoy drawing or playing instruments, take photos of the artwork that inspires you and sell prints on Etsy.
- If nature is your thing, take photos of plants/animals/landscapes/seascapes in their natural habitats (as opposed to in captivity). You can sell these on stock websites like Fotolia or Shutterstock as well as through other online marketplaces like Etsy—just make sure they aren’t copyrighted!
4. You don’t need a fancy camera or expensive equipment
There are a lot of different types of cameras you can use to create compelling photos, from GoPros and mirrorless cameras to DSLRs and professional equipment. If you’re just starting out, don’t worry about what kind of camera to buy—just pick up something that fits your budget and skill level. A little phone can go a long way in capturing good images if it has the right lens attached.
5. Everyone has the ability to learn how to become a better photographer
You have the ability to learn how to become a better photographer, and it’s not as hard as you might think. You can begin by taking photos of your friends and family members who are willing to model for you. Or take photos in local parks, or capture some nature shots if you like.
You may need some help with editing these photographs though! There are lots of different software programs available that allow you to do this easily, so all you need is an internet connection and a little bit of patience!
6. After taking some time to practice, you’re ready to start selling your photos online
Once you’ve taken some time to practice, you’re ready to start selling your photos online. Selling photos online is a great way for teens who are interested in photography to make money while they learn the basics of being a professional photographer. There are many different websites that allow young photographers to sell their work with just one click or two.
The most popular sites for selling photographs include Etsy, Shutterstock, Fotolia, 500px and DeviantArt (to name just a few). Each of these sites has their own rules and regulations regarding what kinds of pictures can be uploaded by users (usually no nudes), but overall they’re pretty similar in terms of how much money can be made from selling photos online as well as how easy it is for newbie photographers like yourself!
When it comes down down making money from your photos on these platforms though? It varies greatly depending on which company/platform(s) you choose: For example – if I were try posting my photo onto Shutterstock today I could expect anywhere between $10-20 per download; whereas if I tried posting said same photo onto 500px then I might only get $1-$5 per download—so obviously there’s a huge difference between each site when it comes down making money from photographing things!
7. Selling your photos is reasonably easy and can be quite lucrative
If you’re looking for some income from your photos, there are plenty of different ways to do so. You can sell your photos on popular stock photography websites such as Shutterstock and iStockPhoto. These sites have millions of users who will pay to download images that they need for their projects.
You can also sell directly to clients by emailing them an invoice or sending them links to your online portfolio with the photos they want included in it.
Another way is through microstock photography where you get paid per image that is downloaded instead of receiving one lump sum payment like with other models such as royalties (which is how traditional photographers usually get paid). There are many benefits of using this business model including:
- It doesn’t require any startup costs; all you need is a digital camera and some editing software!
- You don’t need much experience in order for this method; anyone can try it out!
8. Takeaway: If you like being behind the camera, you can easily get started in making money online with stock photography
Stock photography is a great way to make money online, especially if you’re into taking photos. You don’t need to have any special skills or get a fancy camera; just use what you have and start selling your images!
At the End
If you are a budding photographer and want to make money online, then stock photography is an ideal choice. It’s an easy way to get started with earning passive income, and it doesn’t require any special skills or knowledge of how computers work! All you need is time spent practicing your craft, a camera capable of taking decent pictures (even if it’s just your smartphone), and some basic knowledge about uploading photos to websites like Shutterstock or Adobe Stock so people can buy them.