Chicken and Bacon Alfredo Pasta with Veggies is an Italian-inspired dish that is sure to please the whole family. This delicious and easy-to-make dish is made with a creamy alfredo sauce, chicken, bacon, and a variety of vegetables.
It’s the perfect way to get everyone to eat their veggies in a tasty way! This dish is great for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. The combination of flavors from the creamy alfredo sauce, the salty bacon, and the fresh vegetables are sure to make this dish a hit.
The chicken provides a source of lean protein as well. This dish is also great for leftovers and can be customized with different vegetables depending on the season. Chicken and Bacon Alfredo Pasta with Veggies is sure to be a winner for any night of the week!
Chicken and Bacon Alfredo Pasta with Veggies: Recipes
Prepping Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
- 10 ounces penne, you can use the one made of brown rice for a gluten-free version
- 6 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- A pound of chicken breast
- 1⅓ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⅓ cups half-and-half, you can mix equal parts of whole milk and cream
- A cup spinach
- 5 medium size tomatoes, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, diced finely
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- A teaspoon of mixed Italian seasoning; you can combine dried oregano, basil, and thyme
- A teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat
1. Heat up olive oil in a large skillet over high temperatures.
2. Sear one side of chicken breast for a minute then season the other side with Italian seasoning mix and paprika.
3. Turn to the other side then lower the temperature to medium. Cook for several minutes until the breast is almost cooked through. Take out the chicken, slice thinly and set it aside.
4. Add finely diced garlic, red pepper flakes, and other vegetables (spinach and tomatoes) to the skillet, along with half bacon and a third of the chicken cuts.
5. Pour in half-and-half then wait until the liquid boils. Add grated Parmesan to the skillet until Alfredo sauce turns creamy. Turn off the heat immediately then season with salt and pepper to your taste.
6. Boil water in a large pot. Season water with a generous amount of salt.
7. Add penne then cook until al dente following the package instructions. Once cooked, drain pasta from hot water then rinse with cold water to stop the further cooking process.
8. Mix penne and Alfredo sauce. Add the remaining bacon pieces to the mix. Taste the pasta then adjust the seasoning to your preference.
9. Prepare an additional half a cup of freshly grated Parmesan. Serve pasta with grated cheese and remaining chicken slices on top.