Parmesan Orzo with the Delicious Chicken and Fresh Asparagus Recipe – It’s time to introduce Parmesan Orzo with Chicken and Asparagus, a delicious and simple recipe! Creamy Parmesan orzo is served with delicate chicken, crisp asparagus, and delicate chicken sauce. When mixed with asparagus and chicken, orzo is cooked in a thick broth for a really substantial meal. With the addition of Parmesan cheese, this meal makes a perfect family meal. With just 30 minutes of preparation, you can enjoy this delicious dish!
Delicious Parmesan Orzo with the Delicious Chicken and Fresh Asparagus Recipe
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Total Time : 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups orzo, uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- First, prepare a large skillet. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Next, sear the chicken for around 5 minutes on each side until it turns golden brown. The thickness of the chicken affects how long you need to cook it. When it is well cooked, put it on a plate and set it aside.
- Use the same skillet and sauté asparagus for around 3 minutes. After it is well cooked, transfer it to a plate and set aside.
- Next, sauté the garlic and onion for around 3 minutes. When it gets translucent and aromatic, it means that the garlic and onion are well cooked. You can add more olive oil if you need.
- After that, add the orzo and sauté it. Continue by adding half and half and chicken broth. Stir them well.
- Boil them and turn the heat on medium low. Cover it and cook it for around 10 minutes.
- When 10 minutes have passed, open the lid and add parmesan cheese. Take a spoon to taste. Add some salt and pepper if you need any.
- Now, add the asparagus and stir them. Slice the chicken as well before adding it to the skillet.
- Last, now pour it to a serving bowl and garnish it with more parmesan cheese and parsley.