The baked cod recipe is a fantastic, easy-to-make meal that will quickly become a regular on your weekly menu. Not only is it healthy and delicious, but it also cooks quickly in the oven. So the next time you’re looking for an easy and tasty meal, give this baked cod recipe a try! Enjoy!
Baked Cod Recipe in Greek Style
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 22 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
For the cod
- 1.5 cod, fillet
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and then minced
For the juice mixture
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp virgin olive oil
For the coating
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flout
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
1. Well, for the first step in this recipe, you need to preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Secondly, take a shallow bowl and mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and melted butter there. Set it aside.
3. Third, take another bowl and mix the spices, all-purpose flour, pepper, and salt. Then set it aside.
4. Next, just pat the fish fillet to make sure that they are dry. After that, dip the fish in the lemon juice mixture. If all the parts have been coated, then dip them in the flour mixture. To get rid of the excess flour, shake off the fillets.
5. Now, let’s start to fry it. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Set it on medium-high heat. Please remember to take a good look at the olive oil. Do not make it smoking, just make it sizzling. When it is hot, add the fish, and sear each side. Just cook it for a couple of minutes on every side then take it off it from the heat.
6. Take the bowl containing the lemon juice mixture and add garlic. Mix it and drizzle it on top of the fillets.
7. Bake it for about 10 minutes until it begins to flake, and then check it with a fork. Take it off the oven and garnish it with parsley.